I’ve been deep within the compositing mines, harvesting new pixmaps for the coming dry season. In the past week or so, the following things have happened:
- Chris merged a new libinput abstraction library (“elput”)
- Derek merged client-side DMA buffer support
- Wayland DnD got upgraded to v3 and fixed again
- The extremely long-lived Chromium-based tooltip browser bug was finally slain in Enlightenment
- Startup applications now work in Wayland
- Window placement algorithm fixed to work with multiple monitors
After a little over 4 months and 500 commits, the E21 alpha release is ready for testing.
- Greatly improved Wayland support
- New gadget infrastructure
- Wizard improvements
- Video backgrounds
As always, stay tuned to the latest infrequent E updates here!
Artisanally composited pixmaps for your desktop.
Building and Dependencies
If you have an existing EFL or Elementary install, you may wish to delete its header files and libraries before compiling and installing to avoid possible conflicts during compilation. Please compile the dependencies in the following order (click for README):
Note: E21 depends on EFL v1.17 or newer for X11 compositing and 1.18 for Wayland support.
Below are links to the project pages for each of the dependencies: