It’s been a couple months, but various things have been happening. Here’s a quick Wayland compositing status update:
Things that work:
- DRM rendering
- Running apps
- Standard E UI stuff (gadgets/shelves/menus/etc)
- Window states
Things that probably work:
- Mouse bindings?
- Resizing non-EFL apps?
- I can’t think of any other things?
Things that don’t work (as of posting):
- Resizing EFL apps
- Needs EFL repo changes slated for next week
- Not sure when we’ll get to this; not a priority
- Input grabs
- Components such as ‘everything launcher’ won’t receive keyboard focus until this gets fixed, not a huge amount of work
- Multi monitor configuration
- Running in 32bit
As of today’s git, I would say that it’s reasonably “safe” to try running E as a standalone Wayland compositor as long as you don’t try to resize any EFL applications until next week.